The Pregabalin 150mg capsules is a member of the anticonvulsant drug class. It is used to treat generalized anxiety disorder, neuropathic pain, and epilepsy.
The illness known as epilepsy is characterized by abnormal brain nerve cell activity that results in seizures. Certain types of adult epilepsy are treated with this medication.
Peripheral and central neuropathic pain are caused by damage to nerves that are not located inside the brain or spinal cord. This medication is intended to relieve discomfort brought on by damaged nerves.
Pregabalin 150 Mg Lyrica Capsule- Basic Knowledge Panel:-
|Product Name||Pregabalin 150 mg Lyrica Capsule|
|Time to Work||15-30 Minutes|
|Manufacturer||Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Used for||To treat anxiety disorder, neuropathic pain, and epilepsy|
|Packaging||1 Strip (10 Tablets)|
Available in the forms of:
- A capsule,
- A solution, and
- An extended-release tablet.
The pregabalin capsules 150 mg may be taken with or without meals, but it is advisable to take it at the same time each day for the most effective effects. The actual dosage and duration of treatment will depend on your condition and how you respond to it.
Most likely, this medicine will be prescribed to you at a low dosage and then progressively increased.
As long as your doctor hasn't told you to stop, heed their advice and keep taking the medication as directed. Your condition might worsen if you miss a dosage.
- Treatment of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy-Related Pain
- Treatment of Neuropathic pain brought on by spinal cord damage.
- Treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Treatment of Partial-Onset Seizures in patients aged 17 and older with adjunctive therapy management of Fibromyalgia
- Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Benefits of Pregabalin 150 mg
- Neuropathic pain, both central and peripheral
a) The drug pregabalin is used to relieve persistent pain brought on by damaged nerves. Peripheral neuropathic pain can be brought on by a number of illnesses, including diabetes and shingles.
b) There are many other ways to characterise this pain, including hot, burning, throbbing, shooting, pricking, cramping, aching, tingling, numbness, and stinging. Both peripheral and central neuropathic pain can affect a patient's physical and social functioning as well as their quality of life. It can also be linked to mood swings, sleep problems, and fatigue.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
a) In order to treat generalized anxiety disorder, pregabalin is administered (GAD). Anxiety and worry that are persistent, overwhelming, and challenging to regulate are symptoms of GAD. Additionally, GAD can lead to agitation, a restless or excited or worried feeling, feeling easily tired, having trouble focusing, having blank thoughts, restlessness, muscle spasms, or sleep disruption.
a) Adults with partial seizures that have the potential to become secondary generalisation are treated with pregabalin. When your current therapy for epilepsy is not effectively managing your condition, your doctor may prescribe pregabalin.
b) Pregabalin ought to be added to the medicine you're already taking. This medication must always be used in conjunction with other antiepileptic medications; it should never be used alone.
It is always advised that a patient must only consume a medicine after consulting their physician. However, they might experience a few side effects after consuming Pregabalin 150 mg. A few of these are listed below.
- Breathing Difficulties
- Chest Constriction.
- Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands, And Foot Swelling
- Unusual Weakness And Fatigue
- Distorted Vision
- Mouth Arid
- Coordination Issues
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Bladder Control Loss
- The Arms And Feet Are Burning, Numb, And Tingling
- Gaining Weight
How Pregabalin 150 mg Works:
Pregalin 150mg functions in a variety of ways:
- By lowering the aberrant electrical activity in the brain caused by nerve pain, it prevents seizures in people with epilepsy.
- It reduces anxiety by preventing the brain from generating the chemicals that cause anxiety.
- It does this by interfering with the pain signals traveling from the brain and down the spine.
One pilot study has been conducted by certified medical experts to back the Pregabalin 150 mg and the results have shown that it is effective.
This drug holds promise in effectively dealing with Neuropathic pain brought on by spinal cord damage, Epilepsy and Fibromyalgia.
01. Angioedema, a potentially fatal allergic reaction that may be brought on by this medication, Pregabalin 150 mg, should be treated right away.
02. If you experience any of the following symptoms after taking this medication:
- Difficulty breathing,
- Difficulty swallowing,
- Hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, neck, hands, legs, foot, or genitals
consult your doctor at the earliest.
03. Pregabalin 150 mg’s negative effects, such as
- Lack of focus,
- Strange dreams, and
- Difficulty sleeping,
may be exacerbated by the consumption of alcohol or other drugs that have central nervous system (CNS) altering effects when combined with this medication.
04. Some individuals may experience suicidal thoughts or increased depression as a result of this medication. If you experience any abrupt or intense emotions, such as
- Violence, or
let your doctor know.
05. Respiratory depression could result from Pregabalin 150 mg. If you have
- Pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin,
- Breathing difficulties, or
- Irregular, fast, or slow, or shallow breathing,
consult your doctor straight away.
06. Pregabalin 150 mg may result in
- Double vision,
- Blurred vision,
- Dizziness, or
- Difficulty thinking.
Consult your doctor if these side effects are really troublesome.
07. Pregabalin 150 mg may result in weight gain or edema (body swelling) in you or your child. Heart failure sufferers may experience issues as a result of this. If you're worried, discuss it with your doctor.
08. Pregabalin 150 mg medication may make you or your child more susceptible to bleeding and cancer (such as hemangiosarcoma). If you are worried, discuss it with your doctor.
09. Pregabalin 150 mg shouldn't be abruptly stopped without first consulting your doctor.
Your doctor could advise that you or your child progressively cut back on their medication before quitting it altogether.
The abrupt discontinuation of the medication may result in seizures or adverse effects including
- Difficulty sleeping,
- Nightmares, or
- Tingling sensations.
10. If you or your kid experience any
- Inexplicable muscle pain,
- Tenderness, or weakness,
- Especially if you also have a fever,
call your doctor right away.
These could be signs of myopathy, a dangerous muscular condition.