Pregalin 50 Mg Capsule (Pregabalin) uses, Dosage, price
Pregabalin 50 mg Capsule is a medication used to treat neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain develops as a result of nerve damage brought on by diabetes.
pregalin 50mg capsule is a member of the anti-epileptic drug class and, in conjunction with other medications, may be used to treat specific types of seizures (fits).
Additionally, it is utilized to alleviate broad muscle pain and stiffness in fibromyalgia patients. It inhibits the transmission of pain signals in the brain. Continue taking the medication unless your doctor instructs you otherwise. It lowers pain as well as mood changes, sleep disturbances, and fatigue that can result from pain.
Pregabalin 50 Mg - Basic Knowledge Panel:
|Product Name||Pregalin 50 Mg Capsule|
|Used for||To treat neuropathic pain, damage neuropathic|
|Time to Work||15-30 Minutes|
|Manufacturer||Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Packaging||1 Strip (10 Tablets)|
Available in the forms of:-
- A capsule,
- A solution, and
- An extended-release tablet.
Pregabalin 50 mg tablet can be taken with or without food, but for the best results, it should be taken at the same time every day.
Your illness and how you react to the treatment will determine the precise dosage and length of time. Your doctor will likely start you on a low dose of this medication and gradually increase it.
The medication may not start to function well for a few weeks. Follow your doctor's advice and continue taking it as prescribed until they tell you to stop.
How it works :-
This medication works by selectively blocking calcium channels in the central nervous system that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This causes reduced release of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and substance P thus slowing down nerve signals.
Uses of Pregalin 50 mg
- Treatment of Diabetic Neuropathy
- Treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Treatment of Epilepsy
- Treatment of Fibromyalgia
- Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Benefits of Pregalin 50 mg
1) Treatment of Neuropathic pain:
Pregalin 50 mg is used to treat chronic pain brought on by spinal cord injury, shingles, or diabetes-related nerve damage. It lessens pain as well as the negative side effects that go along with it, such as fatigue, mood swings, and difficulty sleeping. It is believed to function by obstructing the brain's ability to receive pain signals from the injured nerves. Even if you believe it isn't working, you must continue taking it because it takes a few weeks for it to take effect.
2) Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures:
Pregabalin 50 mg works by reducing the nerve impulses in the brain that cause seizures. You could still suffer seizures until this drug starts to take effect, which might take a few weeks. Until your doctor instructs you to stop taking it, continue taking this medicine even though you start feeling better.
3) Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
Pregalin 50 mg lowers both the pain itself and its side effects, such as exhaustion, mood changes, and difficulties falling asleep. It prevents the brain from processing pain impulses. Up until your doctor advises you to stop, take the medicine as prescribed.
It is always advised that a patient must only consume a medicine after consulting their physician. However, they might experience a few side effects after consuming Pregalin 50 mg. A few of these are listed below.
- Breathing Difficulties
- Chest Constriction
- Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands, And Foot Swelling
- Unusual Weakness And Fatigue
- Distorted Vision
- Mouth Arid
- Coordination Issues
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Bladder Control Loss
- The Arms And Feet Are Burning, Numb, And Tingling
- Gaining Weight
If it is almost time for your next dose, instead of taking the missed dose, just take the next scheduled dose.
In case of overdose - Keep in mind that every medicine has a dose range (the difference between the effective dose and the toxic one)Contact your doctor immediately if you think you have taken too much of this medicine. You may experience agitation, mental confusion, excessive drowsiness.
01. Pregalin 50 mg may cause angioedema, a potentially dangerous allergic reaction that needs to be treated right away.
02. If any of the following side effects occur as a result of taking Pregalin 50 mg:
- Voice sounds scratchy, and
- Having problems breathing,
- Hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, neck, hands, legs, or genitalia,
- Difficulty swallowing. Call your doctor as soon as possible.
03. Pregalin 50 mg includes side effects such as dizziness and lack of concentration. fatigue, odd dreams, and difficulty falling asleep When coupled with this medication, drinking alcohol or using other drugs that influence the central nervous system (CNS) may make this worse.
04. Pregalin 50 mg medicine may cause some people to have suicidal thoughts or to feel more depressed than usual.
05. Inform your doctor if you feel any sudden or strong emotions, such as fear, fury, anxiety, or restlessness.
06. Pregalin 50 mg may cause respiratory depression. If your breathing is erratic, quick, slow, or shallow, or if your lips, fingernails, or skin are pale or blue. Get in touch with your doctor right away.
07. Taking 50 mg of Pregalin may cause double vision. Experiencing blurred vision, trembling, fatigue, dizziness, or having difficulty in thinking. If these side effects are appearing to be bothersome, speak with your doctor.
08. For a patient taking 50 mg of Pregalin may gain weight or develop body swelling. This may cause problems if the patient is at a risk of heart failure.
One pilot study has been conducted by certified medical experts to back the Pregalin 50 mg and the results have shown that it is effective.
This drug holds promise in effectively dealing with neuropathic pain brought on by spinal cord damage or diabetes, Epilepsy, and Fibromyalgia.
Some of the key highlights of Pregalin 50 mg
Duration of effect and onset of action:-
The effects of this drug are generally maintained for a period of 10-12 hours.The onset time varies depending on the intended use.
1) Is it habit forming?
A low abuse potential with limited physical and psychological dependence means that you can take this medicine without worrying about feeling the effects of drug dependence.
2) Breast-feeding warnings?
It is not recommended that women who are breastfeeding use this medicine.
3) Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?
This medicine can cause vision problems or blackouts. If you experience vision problems, weakness, or feel dizzy while taking this medicine, stop driving and seek immediate medical attention.