Gabapentin 400mg Uses, Side Effects, Dosages, Interaction, Warnings. Gabapentin 400 mg is an anti-epileptic drug also called anticonvulsant is used for anxiety, nerve pain & seizures. Gabapentin withdrawal symptoms, side effects, dosage
|4 to 6 Hours
|Time to Work
|Several Types of Neuropathic pain
|1 Strip (10 Tablets)
What is Gabapentin 400mg
Gabapentin is used for the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain such as painful diabetic neuropathy and post-herpetic neuralgia in adults.
- Even though the medication also helps to prevent and control seizures as well.
- Gabapentin 400 mg is also known as an anticonvulsant drug and is used to relieve nerve pain following shingles in adults.
Why is it used?
- Gabapentin 400 mg capsules are used to treat partial seizures.
- The medication can be taken as seizure medication in adults and in children 3 years of age and older who have epilepsy.
- The medication can also be used to treat shingles, a painful type of rash that affects adults.
- Gabapentin can be used in combined therapy, which means you need to take the Gabapentin medication with other drugs.
How it works
- Gabapentin 400 mg works by altering electrical activity in the brain cells. Then it influences the activity of chemicals called neurotransmitters.
- That occurs to send messages between nerve cells. However, the peak concentration of Gabapentin (immediate-release) occurs within 2 to 3 hours after taking the medication.
- Gabapentin 400 mg medication can also produce feelings of calmness, relaxation, and euphoria and provide a good level of pain relief as well.
Uses of Gabapentin medicine
- Gabapentin 400mg is a medication used to control and prevent seizures.
- Gabapentin 400 mg can be used by adults and children over the age of 3 who have partial seizures under the prescription of a doctor.
- It helps to relieve nerve pain following shingles in adults as well as treat moderate-to-severe primary restless legs syndrome.
- For epilepsy, adults and children aged 3–12 years may take 400 milligrammes (three times a day).
- Your doctor will adjust your dosage as needed and you will tolerate it.
- Make sure that you're not taking more than 1800 mg per day. because overdosage may cause side effects.
- For children that are younger than 3 years, use and dosage must be determined by your doctor.
Important Advice Before Using this medicine
- For Gabapentin 400mg dosage three times a day, it is advised not to allow more than 12 hours between the doses.
- Monitoring for mood changes must be monitored by your doctor.
- If you notice any signs of a worsening mood or depression, you should contact your doctor right away. Gabapentin 400 mg must not be taken at the same time as antacid medication.
The common side effects of Gabapentin 400 mg include:
- High Fever
- Mood changes
- Swollen legs and arms
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty getting an erection
- Weight gain
- Memory problems
- Alcohol must not be consumed after using gabapentin 400mg pills.
- After taking the medication, antihistamine-containing products are also prohibited.
- Certain medicines for anxiety, sleep, and depression are also prohibited from being taken after using the gabapentin 400 mg medication.
- Because the product may interact with gabapentin 400 mg.
- The gabapentin 400 mg capsules must be stored in a room away from light and moisture.
- You can store the liquid medicine in the refrigerator, but freezing the medicine is prohibited.
- You must tell your doctor that you are storing and using the gabapentin 400 mg medication.
Gabapentin medicine Availability
- Gabapentin is available in 300–600 milligramme tablets (Gralise) and 600–800 milligramme tablets (Neurontin or generic gabapentin).
- The gabapentin medication can be purchased from any chemist's store near you or online. However, you do need a valid prescription to buy the gabapentin medication from a chemist's store.
Precaution and Warning
- You must call your doctor as soon as possible if you have a rash, itching, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any other kind of health issue after taking the Gabapentin medication.
- The FDA reports that Gabapentin may cause difficulty breathing.
- Overdosage of the drug may seriously injure your health.
- Using the gabapentin medication without a valid prescription from your doctor may cause health issues.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women may not take the Gabapentin medication.
- As per research, it has been reported that gabapentin medication may have negative effects on the foetus when the mother takes this drug.
- Call your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this drug.
What are the benefits?
- Gabapentin 400 mg is an anticonvulsant medicine that helps to control seizures in people with epilepsy.
- A major benefit of gabapentin 400 mg is that it also helps treat restless leg syndrome (RLS) and certain types of nerve pain as well.
- This is also able to reduce pro-inflammatory mediators and up-regulates anti-inflammatory as well.
- This medicine is an anticonvulsant drug, so it’s only available with your doctor’s prescription.
- The medication helps to treat herpes zoster viral infection, also known as shingles, which affects adults. Commonly known as post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN), it can be severe and chronic.
How to take Gabapentin 400mg capsules
- You can swallow the Gabapentin 400 mg capsules whole with a glass of water.
- No need to break the tablet or crush it. You can take the Gabapentin 400 mg medication with or without food, but it’s considered best to do the same each day.
- It’s best to take the medication as per your doctor’s instructions.
Reviews about Gabapentin medicine
- As per the previous customer reviews, Gabapentin 400 mg works great for anxiety and sleep.
- They have seen great results and benefits from taking Gabapentin 400 mg as per their doctor’s prescription. The Gabapentin 400mg medication does provide relief from peripheral diabetic neuropathy.
- Many researchers recommend that Gabapentin 400 mg be taken two hours before bed, so as to get a better quality of sleep with no side effects at all.