Generic Lyrica 150 Mg (Pregabalin) uses, Dosage, Side Effects
What is Generic Lyrica 150 mg?
Generic Lyrica 150 mg reduces activity at the nerve endings to relieve pain and can help prevent seizures. The Generic Lyrica 150 mg drug is used to treat fibromyalgia, painful nerve problems, and some forms of seizures (muscle pain and tenderness).
What exactly is Generic Lyrica 150 mg used for treating?
Generic Lyrica 150 mg used for treating:
01. Treatment of Nerve pain after Shingles - To cure the nerve pain caused by shingles, doctors often prescribe General Lyrica medicine.
02. Treatment of nerve pain from a spinal cord injury - Even years after a spinal cord injury, pain can still occur anywhere in the body, including below the site of the injury.
03. Treatment of nerve pain associated with diabetic neuropathy - Some individuals may see pain alleviation from Lyrica for diabetic nerve pain as soon as the first week. Diabetic nerve pain can also be treated with Lyrica CR.
04. Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures - Lyrica reduces the speed of seizure-inducing brain impulses.
05. Treatment of Fibromyalgia - Lyrica is approved by the FDA to treat fibromyalgia. Generic Lyrica reduces the brain's ability to feel pain thus treating fibromyalgia.
How does Generic Lyrica 150 mg work?
Generic Lyrica works by binding to specific nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, which helps to reduce the transmission of pain signals and prevent seizures.
What is the dosage of Generic Lyrica 150 mg?
01. Generic Lyrica 150 mg dosage varies depending on the indication.
02. For adults and kids who weigh more than 30 kg, the recommended starting dose is 150 mg/day, divided into 2 or 3 doses.
03. For children weighing under 30 kg, the dosage is based on weight.
04. For each indication, the maximum daily dose is as follows:
a. 300 mg for diabetic nerve pain
b. 600 mg for post-herpetic neuralgia
c. 450 mg for fibromyalgia
d. A spinal cord injury's nerve pain: 600 mg
e. Children under 30 kg: 600 mg, or 14 mg/kg, for seizures.
How to take Generic Lyrica 150 mg?
02. If you don't, your health may either get worse or
03. Might result in an overdose, meaning that there are poisons in the bloodstream.
04. If you suspect that you have taken an excessive amount of Generic Lyrica 150 mg, it is imperative that you seek medical attention right away. You can call your healthcare provider or a poison control center for advice, or go directly to the nearest emergency department. Do not delay seeking help, as an overdose of this medication can be serious and may require immediate treatment.
05. It takes a few weeks for the medication to start functioning, so even if you think it isn't working, you must keep taking it.
06. You should keep taking the medication, Generic Lyrica 150 mg, until your doctor tells you to stop, even if your symptoms have lessened.
What side effects can this medication, Generic Lyrica 150 mg, cause?
Like any medication, Generic Lyrica 150 mg may cause side effects in some people.
It is estimated that more than one in 100 people may experience common side effects. These side effects are usually temporary and resolve on their own.
If any of these adverse effects bother you or do not go away, let your doctor know at once:
02. drowsy, exhausted, or lightheaded;
04. mood shifts
05. gain weight
07. swollen hands, arms, legs, and feet
Serious side effects are uncommon among Generic Lyrica 150 mg consumers. In case you experience:
01. extreme dizziness or pass out
02. hallucinations after just one week of treatment, which is associated with suicidal thoughts
03. blood in the urine, increased frequency of urination, or constipation.
What are the possible drug interactions of Generic Lyrica 150 mg?
01. Generic Lyrica 150 mg oral capsules could conflict with any other medications, herbs, or vitamins you're taking. An interaction occurs when a chemical alters how a drug works.
02. This can be dangerous or prevent the medication from working as intended.
03. Combining these drugs with Generic Lyrica 150 mg may cause weight gain or swelling in the hands or feet. Moreover, these drugs can raise the chance of developing heart failure in patients with cardiac conditions.
Q1) How long does Generic Lyrica 150 mg take to work?
Generic Lyrica 150 mg may take some time to start working. In clinical trials for fibromyalgia, diabetic nerve pain, spinal cord injury nerve pain, and shingles pain, some patients reported pain reduction as soon as one week after the start of the study. It took longer for some people. Your doctor may be able to help if you are not experiencing the pain relief you want. Find out from your doctor if changing your dose of Generic Lyrica 150 mg is appropriate for you.
Q2) Can I stop using my Generic Lyrica 150 mg medication?
Without consulting your doctor, do not discontinue taking Generic Lyrica 150 mg. You can get headaches, nausea, diarrhea, trouble sleeping, increased perspiration, or anxiety if you stop taking Generic Lyrica 150 mg abruptly. If you have epilepsy and suddenly stop taking Generic Lyrica 150 mg, you could experience additional seizures. Your doctor will work with you to gradually discontinue taking Generic Lyrica 150 mg if you and he or she decide that you need to.
Q3) Does Generic Lyrica 150 mg cause depression?
No. Generic Lyrica 150 mg does not cause depression. Make sure you tell your doctor about every medication you're taking.
Q4) Is Generic Lyrica 150 mg a narcotic?
No, Generic Lyrica 150 mg is not a narcotic drug. However, you might be more inclined to abuse Generic Lyrica 150 mg if you've ever struggled with drugs or alcohol.
O5) How should I proceed if I forget to take a dose of Generic Lyrica 150 mg?
Take the missed dose of Generic Lyrica 150 mg as soon as you remember it if you miss it. Simply skip the missing dose if it is almost time for your next dose. At the scheduled time, take the next dose. Do not take two doses at once.
Q6) Can I drink alcohol while taking Lyrica?
It is generally not recommended to drink alcohol while taking Lyrica, as alcohol can increase the risk of certain side effects, such as drowsiness and dizziness.
Q7) Is Lyrica addictive?
Lyrica is not considered to be addictive, but it is important to take it as directed by a healthcare provider. Do not take more Lyrica than prescribed, and do not stop taking it without first consulting with a healthcare provider.
Q8) Can I take Lyrica while pregnant or breastfeeding?
It is generally not recommended to take Lyrica during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the developing baby. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you should consult with your healthcare provider before taking Lyrica.
Q9) What should I do if I overdose on Lyrica?
Seek medical attention immediately if you suspect an overdose of Generic Lyrica 150 mg. Symptoms of an overdose may include drowsiness, difficulty breathing, and loss of consciousness. Do not take any more Lyrica until you have consulted with a healthcare provider.